Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Forever Reign"

"You are good. You are good.  When there's nothing good in me."

These lyrics have been echoing in my mind for the last few hours. I can't seem to get them out of my head, and I'm grateful that I can't.

There's so much truth in them.  So much truth that I don't always want to hear.  I always know that God is good...but I don't want to hear about the part where there's not anything good in me. 

Even when I loose faith, forget spending time with God, or decide that this path is hopeless and taking TOO long...He is good. 

And that's why I'll sing:
"You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost its sting

Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign"

I'm running to His arms tonight as we wait.  We are waiting for the Russian postal system...which I have very little faith in (at least at their speed).  But it's on it's way. Tonight I'm praying that God picks up that piece of mail and sends it right where it needs to be...and QUICK.  Once it's received, translated, and submitted...we'll move from waiting to running around like crazy people preparing to fly to Russia for my month long stint! 

"My heart will sing, no other name, Jesus, Jesus."  And tonight I'm singing in great joy, hope, and anticipation.  For my God is good, even when there's NOTHING good in me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment