Monday, March 14, 2011

Updates (and a little story)

Some updates ::

The process is moving along smoothly.  We'll make our first trip (of two trips) soon - looks like we'll be gone for about 6 or 7 days in April.  The trip will take place before Palm Sunday.  We'll have the chance to ask caretakers many questions about Sveta and her surroundings and hopefully take many pictures. 

With this trip we are to make a payment of about $16,000 (not including the travel expenses).  We still have a little work to do in order to make this payment.

A few of our friends are working hard on putting together an event which will involve some good food and fun which will raise more funds toward the adoption.  Tell many about this ... invite the whole town, or state, to attend!  Here's the address you can copy into your browser to check it out.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=131607803577981

Jessi has a friend coming over tomorrow to put some paint on one of the walls in Sveta's bedroom.

We continue to be amazed with the support of family and friends.  Thank you all for your prayers and support as we work toward and wait for Sveta's homecoming.

A Little Story ::

Several days ago we received some recent pictures of Sveta from the in-country associate with the adoption agency.  I was excited to get the pictures and soon went to CVS to print some pictures out.  A lady working there had to help me a little with the process. 

Then I waited for the pictures to print.  I was very eager to have them ... and I think she could tell. 

The first picture dropped from the machine and I snatched it up quickly ... and starred with what I suppose could be described as a proud father's smile.

The lady who had helped me was standing near enough to see the picture.  "She's cute".

"Yeah, she is", I replied.

"Is she your daughter?" 

"I think so."

The expression on her face was nearly priceless.  And I didn't catch on to what I had said until I explained to her that my wife and I are adopting her ... then she gave a big, "oohhhh!".

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! Exciting! Exciting! I love the story! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved seeing your expression looking at Sveta's picture with a smile and the love... I'm tearing up just thinking a/b it!
    Love ya,
    Laura B.

    ReplyDelete