Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week in Review

Since I last posted, here's a day by day play by play (sort of):

W:: Sveta and I joined Barry at church (with ton of other people) for dinner.  Sveta's Baba (April) came to speak to the kids...so we stayed for the first time.  Sveta went to her preschool class with her buddies, and I went to listen to April.  She did GREAT!  Until we left, and then she was sad because Barry wasn't coming with us.  Understandable...I was a little sad too.

Th:: We went to have the tires on the Honda rotated for free (thanks to the fundraiser last April).  While we waited, Sveta and I went to school.  We walked over to Good Shepherd to say hi to my friends that I miss dearly.  Sveta got to play with the 1st graders (my first Pre-K group) and she really thought she was going to school.  Then she ate some pretzels while the teachers talked (since it was lunch/recess time).  FUN.  Then once Barry got home we ate and went for a walk (at least I think that's when it was).  We stopped at a friends house up the street and got to chat with them (and new friends) for a bit!  Lots of fun.

F:: I met with Rachel to talk about the Bible Study Interrupted that we are working through.  We're going slow, because there is just SOO much to digest.  It's AWESOME.  Then I dropped the Saturn off to get the tires rotated (again, free). Barry and Sveta went out for a bit, so I walked to a doctor's appointment behind the hospital.  I was on time...too bad the appointment was supposed to be in Batesville.  I walked home. Barry and Sveta napped in the afternoon and I went to the eye doctor (for free...blessed).  My eyes actually are better, and I didn't need such a strong prescription.  LOVING the new contacts that are much clearer...now just to order more (anyone know how I can get more: free??)  Saturn came back home with 2 new tires...because they were so bad they couldn't be rotated.  (Not free). In the evening we were blessed to have dinner and time with the elders, pastors, and their families from church.  Good time.

Sa:: I honestly don't remember what we did Saturday...and I think it is because it wasn't an event.  We just hung out.  I think. Sveta and Barry ran to the church while I was baking/cooking/doing dishes...and I got a phone call that they had a flat on the Honda.  So, Barry and Sveta changed the tire (yes, she helped...her hands were dirty too when they came home). 

Su:: Barry leaves for church early, so as Sveta and I were getting in the car at 8:40 I realized that the spare tire looked flat.  I cautiously drove down the driveway and it was clunky.  I don't know if that's really the word I should use...but I don't know what else to call it.  Thankfully, my wonderful in-laws hadn't completely left the house (although one was in the garage, ready to leave).  They swung by and picked us up.  Sveta and I stayed in Greensburg for Worship and Education (also something we hadn't tried before) and then went home for lunch.  Barry came home shortly after and we enjoyed our afternoon together.  Barry went to Batesville in the evening for youth...and Sveta and I went grocery shopping.  (PS - the Honda got a new tire because it was shot too after it went flat...also, not free)

M:: Sveta spent a few hours at Nana and Pop's "School."  She seemed to enjoy herself quite a bit, and her mama enjoyed getting a few things done, including extended Bible Study time and getting my mind around the rest of my week.  After "school" we went to Troyer's...it is an amish store right on Highway 3.  I LOVE this place...and wish I would have gone before.  Evaporated sugar cane...like, real sugar...real salt, candy necklaces, the best pretzels I've ever put in my mouth, and cheese that is half the price it is at walmart.  Can't wait to go again.  Sveta didn't nap at all, she just had a quiet time.  Laid down, but never fell asleep.  Oh, and we learned to Play Candy Land and went to the library. (Oh, and adoption related things I found out:: 1. There is a family who is adopting a little girl named Stacia from VCH in Vladimir.  YAY! 2. There is a family adopting two children who live in Martinsville, VA...I have family from there, and no one has heard of it...so I was excited. 3. There is a packet you get when you come back to the states with your adopted child that you can't open or ELSE that apparently you can apply to get back.  Pretty stoked about seeing what was in it that was so confidential!!

Tu:: Yesterday morning Sveta and I read tons of books!  Then she practiced writing A and B.  She is awesome.  I also made bread.  Like, homemade from scratch bread.  Well, I made the dough.  I haven't actually baked it yet (mostly because I was successful with the dough and am afraid the bread being baked won't be so successful...and if you don't try, you won't fail...right??).  I plan on doing so this evening (hopefully).  Barry came home for lunch, and won a game of Candy Land (beginner's luck).  Sveta did nap, and we enjoyed a great evening last night.  I didn't want to cook so we went to Chili's for dinner (thanks Jill!) and then went out to a friend's barn to see the animals. Sveta LOVES animals...and isn't afraid at all. 

W:: Today was our field trip day...and we went to the Begg's for a play date.  SO much fun...for Sveta and for myself.  It was a much needed time for me to talk to other mom's about what God is doing in their lives, and in my own.  It was confirming to me that other people see the need for Christian's to take action and do something to help the hurting world around them.  And it made me thankful that I have friends with which to do such things.  And it made me want to make my own yogurt, buy a dairy cow, own some chickens, and dive into taking care of my physical health more than I do...in terms of how I eat, my activities, and what products I'm using.  It challenged me to be a better mom, wife, follower of Jesus, friend, church member, and steward.  And guess what...it was FREE too.

So glad God created us to be in fellowship...and to be the fellowship.  I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm chewing on it.  If you could DO anything to serve Jesus, what would you do?  What are you passionate about?  What makes your blood boil when you hear about it?  What makes you so excited you'd drop anything to be part of it?  What makes you tick?  Seriously...I'd LOVE to know, and help you get connected with others that might have that same passion (in Greensburg, Batesville, and to the ends of the earth).

Love you friends and family.  Thanks for taking the time to read and care.  and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment