Friday, June 10, 2011


Thank you for praying.  Please keep it up!  Our God is good, and His timing is perfect.  We know that He has a plan for this road bump too. 

When I wrote the last blog we knew very little about the blacklist issue.  Here's what we've come to understand:

An agency can go on the blacklist in Russia for many reasons, but one of them is because post-placement reports have not been received on time, or sufficiently.  This is most likely the case with our agency.  Our home study agency, thankfully, has only worked with two families in the region in which they are being "accused" (for lack of a better term).  So, they have all 8 post-placement reports and are apostilling them today.  They will send those to Russia for our placing agency to translate.  Once they are translated they will submit them in the necessary region and get a statement from that region about all of the documents being in.  Hopefully our region will accept said statement.

In the meantime, we need to try and get a court date ASAP!!  We have been waiting on one form - the 171-H to come back from the US Immigration Services.  When I called on Wednesday our officer was reviewing our form (even though we thought she'd look at it Monday).  I again told her that I had to have it by the end of the week, and she seemed to be uninterested in my time table.  :)  I'm still praying that it comes today or tomorrow.  If not, I'll be calling the officer again on Monday morning.  It can't hurt - right? 

Once the 171-H is received we will FedEx it immediately to Russia for translation.  Then our placing agency will be able to register us in Vladimir and they'll grant a court date.

On a fun and exciting note:  I was a TON of Sveta's clothes yesterday and when I finish this post, I'm going to pack them into her cute little backpack.  That way when the call comes that we need to leave for Russia her stuff will already be packed up and ready to go.  I will be able to instead focus on packing for myself for 4 weeks, finalizing who's traveling with us, and book flights, etc.

Again, thanks for prayers and concern.  God has got it.  I know He's working out the perfect timing so that we can be in Russia during the time He planned!!  And most importantly - bring Sveta home when He desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment